19/11/2009: 1.900.000 are infected! (Ukraine)
150.000 are infected! (Poland)
2.000.000 (French)Countries with confirmed cases of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 in the European Region (49):
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom.
A TOTAL OF 883.000.000
- This report is based on material received from 43 of the 53 Member States in the WHO European Region and includes an update of the situation in Ukraine.
- On average, 45% of specimens collected from sentinel sources in the Region tested positive for influenza virus.
- The incidence of clinical respiratory illness has increased in 17 countries over the past three weeks, and for eight of these the proportion of sentinel specimens testing positive for influenza this week was 20% or greater.
- Notably, countries in Scandinavia, eastern Europe and south-eastern Europe reported high or very high intensity of influenza.
- Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 was dominant in 36 countries and accounted for 99.7% of influenza A virus subtype detections.
- Most influenza pandemic cases have resolved without complications. From 5 to 12 November, 18 countries reported a total of 145 deaths involving laboratory-confirmed cases of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus infection.